Ready for another year of fun (or competitive) badminton? UTBC proudly presents intramural badminton league 2018-2019. You may form a team with your friends, or sign up as a free agent to play the year-round intramural badminton games. This event is completely free for all eligible players. So,why wait? Come and play with many other talented badminton players here in U of T!
- Must be a University of Toronto student, faculty, alumni or staff (No exceptions)
- Must NOT be a Varsity Blues player
- More information here
- FREE for all eligible players
- A team should consist of 8-12 people
- 1-2 team captain(s)
- 12 ppl maximum
- Minimum 4 men and 4 women
- Teams must indicate desired level: Beginner or Advanced.
- UTBC reserves the right to modify a team's level
- Matches will scheduled for Friday Evenings
- Full Schedule available here
- Location: UofT Athletic Centre Sports/Upper Gym
- Team vs Team match will be 1 hour long.
- Each Team vs Team match will consist of 9 individual games:
- 2 Mixed Doubles
- 2 Men’s Doubles
- 2 Women’s Doubles
- 2 Men’s Singles
- 1 Women’s Singles
- The team captain must submit the team lineup 24 hours prior to the match to UTBC.
- Lineups cannot be changed after submission.
- The team with the most wins out of the 9 individual games will win the Team vs Team match.
- Each individual game will be:
- Maximum 20 minutes
- 2 out of 3 sets to a hard cap of 15 points
- Plastic shuttles will be provided (Yonex Mavis 300)
- Personal feather shuttles may be used if both Team Captains agree.
- If a player is late for more than 5 minutes, that team will receive a default.
- The other team automatically wins that match. Defaults may result in teams losing some or all of their $70 deposit.
How to Register
- 1. Submit UTBC Registration Form Online: Link
- 2. Submit UofT Intramurals Form to UofT Athletic Centre: Link
- There is a refundable $70 deposit per team, paid to UofT Athletic Centre
- Once you have registered, we will reach out to the team captain for additional details.
- Free agent team formation night: Sunday September 16, 2018, 2:30pm - 4:30pm
- Location: Sports Gym, Athletic Centre
- Players without a team may attend to meet with other fellow players form free agent team(s).
- Players are encouraged to Register together as a full 8-12 player team.
- Full teams have registration priority over free agents.
- UTBC may assign players without a team to a free agent team.
- UTBC assumes no liability for success of free agent team(s).
- UTBC (Aaron Pan, Yolanda Yu)
- University of Toronto Intramurals